Slider

HELLO AGAIN

Concealers For Pale Skin: Pale Test #8 Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer

Sunday 17 August 2014


bourjois healthy mix concealer, review, swatch, pale skin, my pale skin, best

bourjois healthy mix concealer, review, swatch, pale skin, my pale skin, best

bourjois healthy mix concealer, review, swatch, pale skin, my pale skin, best

bourjois healthy mix concealer, review, swatch, pale skin, my pale skin, best

bourjois healthy mix concealer, review, swatch, pale skin, my pale skin, best



I get asked on an almost daily basis which foundations and concealers are the best for pale skin tones, and this series is going to explore all different types of  products from varying brands and at all price levels which will hopefully help you to make a decision on which foundation and concealer is right for you! 

In universal skin tone terms.. I'm an NC15 in Mac. However, Mac isn't really doing it for me at the moment, so i'm on the hunt for a replacement that will be the perfect foundation for My Pale Skin. 

Product: Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer - Eclat Clair

Price: £7.99

Packaging:  The Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer comes in a plastic tube with a screw on lid. The concealer is dispersed through an angled nozzle.

Coverage: I'd say that the product gives a medium coverage.

Colour:  The Eclat Clair is the lightest out of the 3 shades in the Healthy Mix Concealer range. It has a fairly strong yellow under tone.

Finish:  Although it is slightly too yellow, I am quite fond of how this concealer applies and looks under the eyes.  The product boasts of 'Anti-fatigue' technology, (whatever that may be) and does well to cover and brighten under my eyes.

Final Verdict: I previously used this concealer in my Dewy Summer Make Up Video. I was hooked then, and after taking a little break from using it... I'm hooked again. If your skin tone is cool toned, then give it a try. but warm under toned skin will likely need a good swatch or two in different lighting to check on the colour.
Be warned ,though as it is on the yellow side and it's a slightly too yellow for NC15 skin, however, as it blends so well, i'm not going to fail it, and as the colour isn't spot on pale person, I believe that My Pale Skin is On The Fence this concealer. Oh what I would give for a paler version of this product. It's so close to being a perfect product, but so far.

As Always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this concealer or what you'd like me to try next, let me know in the comments.
Em xxx

9 comments:

  1. Strange, we have the same concealer in Belgium, but it comes in a twist pen packaging instead! I've tried this concealer before and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently got the M.A.C Pro Longwear concealer, in a shade too light and its super pale!! Its a great consistency and does the job but its just too light for me. I think it would be great for your skin definitely check it out!!

    http://www.maccosmetics-me.com/?q=en/website_admin/node/560&menu=&CATEGORY_ID=CAT155/CAT157/PROD10181

    Charlotte x
    www.styleaked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have quite a warmish skin tone so I think the yellow undertones in this concealer would be perfect for me. I always find if makeup has a yellowish undertone, it looks much better on my skin (even though I am pale!), may give this a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by Bourjois healthy mix serum so I might try this. The yellowy tones suit me as my skin is a slightly warm pale colour. I love Benefit boi ing x
    eleanor's adventures in wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't have Bourjois in America but this concealer looks like it would be perfect for me in the winter time when I get super pale! The yellow tones would be perfect for under the eye brightening and because you say its about medium coverage, it will conceal well too. Ugh, we don't have anything like this in our drugstores at the moment..

    -briannaly xo.
    briannaly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently discovered your blog and I really like it so I have nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers award, if you are interested the rules of the award are here, congratulations.
    http://ninarossbeauty.wordpress.com/2014/08/17/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a gorgeous concealer, I really need a new one atm! This one looks perfect for me :)

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have pink undertones to my pale skin so I found this concealer to be a bit of a yellow disaster. Which is a shame, because the formula is lovely! I'm loving Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer in Ivory for my dark circles at the moment though x

    Books & Novelties

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently using this one, but it's still TOO YELLOW for my skin tone. I need something like Nars Chantilly, but I can't find any website that will ship it to Slovenia. :(

    ReplyDelete